For the success of any business, branding is very essential. This is the reason people spend a lot of money on the promotion of their brand. It shows your commitment to customers, helps in establishing trust and improvement in recognition. There are many components of your brand. Among those components, one is your logo which is a very important part of your brand. So, you should put a lot of efforts and tips for designing logo in it.
Microsoft Word has a feature known as Clipart which is used for designing it for small businesses. But mostly these are designed with the help of professional designers for a large number of businesses. Now I will give you 8 tips for designing a perfect logo.
1. Always design a simple logo- Only skills of typography and illustration are not the basic things of a logo. You should be more focussed on its presentation sense and design. Sometimes when we design it there is no need for the brand’s name or caption. It isvery difficult to recognize it if it is complicated. It will not attract the audience towards it. Therefore, it must be as simple as possible.
2. Your logo should give appeal to the audience- It’s design should not be tough. If the design is tough then it can not be improved further. It should be simple so that there is flexibility in the design and it can be improved in the future. We should make it dynamic. It has to give appeal to a large audience. As a result, the audience will be attracted towards it and start purchasing items from your company.
3. Make a versatile logo design- A design will become popular if it is versatile. It can not gain popularity if it looks bad on a mug of coffee and looks good on a poster. Its beauty should be like thatit will look good in colors as well as in black and white.
4. Design should not be copied- If the logo design is unique, it takes the identity of the brand to a very high level prominently. You should be creative while designing it.
5. Your logo must be saying something- There is always a story expressed by a particular logo. You can not understand whatit is trying to say if you look at it only as a text or a beautiful design. If it is perfect then it always tells two things: a hidden story and a clear story. Normally the people want a type that is mindblowing and cool. It should be carefully designed after deep thinking and must not be an artwork piece only. People must like it.
6. Fonts should be carefully chosen- The brand personality is represented by typefaces. As an example, we use a typeface of the handwritten form for the logo of a toy company. We do this because our target customers are kids. They will like the handwritten typeface. Along with this using unique fonts will be a good decision.
7. It should be easily scalable- It should be scalable, that is it should support all the media. It must look perfect on a big billboard having larger proportions. But the design will be a failureif it does not have proper sense of proportion. On a pen the design of the logo should be like that people can see everything in it easily.
8. A colorless logo must also be impressive- If it looks impressive in colors then it must also look great in black and white. Sometimes it is designed without colors. As an example, we use black and white colors only for giving ads in newspapers. But in spite of the use of black and white colors the ad looks greatin newspapers and leaves a good impression on the person who reads it.
There is a software called the product design software used forcustomizing the products. By using it the people can themselves put the design on the products and then can purchase them from e-commerce stores.