WAMP can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing on your computer.
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library & these files are used by many programs on your computer including games.
MSVCR100.dll is missing while the WAMP server install problem mostly occurs when the new operating system has installed. That MSVCR100.dll file is one part of Microsoft Visual C++. Because of MSVCR100.dll file missing Apache Server won’t run.
To resolve this issue download the following files and install that. The installation of This file resolves your MSVCR100.dll is missing issue.
Choose your files as per your Operating System Type (32 bit or 64 bit)
For Windows 32-bit OS (Operating System):
After download, you will get vcredist_x86.exe file. Once you did install it.
For Windows 64-bit OS (Operating System):
After download, you will get vcredist_x64.exe file. Once you did install it.
You may download MSVCR100.dll from here as well.
If you are using WAMPServer version 2.5, that’s to need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute for Visual Studio 2012.
If you’re getting error with WAMP 2.5,
Go to following link: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
Point to consider:
- Close all the programs running
- Uninstall the installed WAMP server
- Make sure Internet Explorer (IE) is set your default browser before the installation.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribute Package as per the system need and install
- Reboot the machine
- Run the WAMP SERVER as an administrator
- In between it might ask you to select Explorer.exe, all you just need to is click Open buttons as default it opens the location c:\windows
Once you are done with all the above guidelines I hope the issue will resolve.
But if you still come across the same issue feel free to leave your comments or feedback.
It will be my pleasure to assist you.