You have made a great decision to get to know how to speed up your website.
Faster websites mean more conversions and therefore, more money.
Speeding up your website can be done within the hour, performance optimization has the highest reward to effort ratio. Search Engine rankings and Bounce Rates are also positively affected by a lightning-quick website.
In this article, we are going to run through the process of optimizing your websites as quickly as possible.
To see if you are actually making any real improvements in the speed of your website, you have measured your current speed and then your results after optimization.
There are some resources that I depend on to measure the speed of my website:
Once, you know where you stand after testing your website, you can start improving your website.
These are to be considered pre-requisites for a high-performance website.
- High-Quality Hosting Provider
- Well coded theme
- Remove unnecessary plugins
We can use some good plugin :
1. RICG Responsive Images
– Creates different sized images for different sized devices
2. EWWW Image Optimizer
– Reduce file sizes by removing data and optimizing image quality for the web.
3. Rocket Lazy Load
– Loads images only as they come into the viewport, saving initial load time.
4. Lazy Load for Videos
– Loads a clickable preview image instead of loading the actual video player.
– Removes unused data tables left behind by deleted plugins.
6. Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions
– Delete revisions to a set number, trashed items and then optimizes the Database.
7. WP Do Not Track
– Prevents third-party plugins from tracking visitors. May helps with performance if there are rouge plugins.
- Go to file directory on Cpanel
- Find htaccess file
- Put the below code at the bottom of the file