In this article, you will find simple ways to find and delete temporary files which will not only help you to get some free hard disk space out of your disk, but this will also help you to enhance your computing experience by managing disk space. There are a lot of temporary file cleaner tools that are available like Disk analyzer pro which works as a disk space analyzer tool.
- Open My Computer or This PC depending on the version of windows you are using.
- Right-click on the drive for which you want to run clean up. You should run this for the operating system drive because most of the temporary files are stored in this drive.
- Go to the properties of the drive on the General tab you will find Disk clean up button click on it to initiate the disk cleanup process.
- In the next step, you will be asked to choose temporary files which you want to remove from your computer.
- Click Ok to start cleaning up the wizard. After a few minutes, you will find that it has restored lots of free space for you.
- Go to the windows search box and type %temp% and hit enter.
- You will be on the temp folder of app data.
- Now you can choose to select all files at a time and hit delete to wipe away these temporary files.
- Here if you get a dialog box to skip some files from deletion then you can skip them and proceed.